The Equilibrium Horse Massage Pad was developed through clinical trials at Myerscough College, UK. The innovative design provides effective, affordable equine massage. Proven to improve back flexibility and promote relaxation in horses, the Equilibrium Massage Pad was created to help a successful ex-racehorse through the retraining process. Combined with the Equilibrium Magnetic Back Pad, the horse went on to pursue a new career in Endurance!
- Clinically proven to improve back flexibility and promote relaxation (see trial results)
- Shaped to follow the contours of the horse’s back, providing coverage from withers to quarters.
- Battery operated 30-minute sessions.
- Three different, easily adjustable programs allow you to choose the intensity of the massage.
- Perfect before exercise as part of the warm-up.
- Fits a wide range of horses and ponies.
- Easy to fit, clean & store with a modern & practical carry bag.
- High-performance battery & universal charger*.
- 2-year product warranty.
How does the Massage Pad work?
The Equilibrium Massage Pad has three different settings, which can be selected easily from the controller. This allows you to select the intensity of the program to suit your horse. Each program has three types of massage: pulsing, vibration and stroking, which ensures muscles are worked in different ways.
The Equilibrium Massage Pad can be incorporated into your warming up and cooling down routine.
The low setting can be used to cool down after work.
The medium setting is ideal to warm up muscles before exercise.
The high setting for when your horse requires a more intense massage.
Each session will last for 30 minutes however, this can be manually stopped at any time.
It comes in a handy carry bag, which makes it ideal for use at home and away. It is easy to store in the tack room and can be wiped clean. The bag also has storage spots which can be used for items such as the battery and charger.
The Equilibrium Massage Pad is now the choice of many Olympians, world champions and top producers.
It can be used on its own or in conjunction with the handheld Massage Mitt or the Massage Mitt Hotspot for an all-over massage.
When to use Massage:
The Equilibrium Massage Pad can be used for:
- Horses on box rest to maintain good blood flow
- After exercise to help support recovery
- Before exercising as part of warm-up
- At a show to relax after traveling
- On your horses day off as part of a maintenance program
- Anytime as a reward.
Benefits of Massage
Massage is well known for its ‘feel good’ factor and has been shown to aid relaxation, and assist with the maintenance of healthy muscle and muscle function. Tension is often one of the most common reasons for poor performance. By increasing relaxation and improving back flexibility, the negative effects of tension can be reduced. A relaxed horse, with relaxed muscles, will move with fluidity and suppleness which is particularly important for competition horses performing dressage movements, and those jumping technical fences.
As part of our commitment to research and product development, the Equilibrium Horse Massage Pad was tested by Myerscough College in Lancashire, UK.
The results showed that the massage pad offers significant benefits to working horses, which include improving back flexibility and promoting relaxation, and can show an increase in stride length.