At Red Ribbon Tack (RRT), we’re committed to protecting the privacy and security of your information. This policy is designed to help you understand what information we collect, why we collect it, how we use it, and how you can manage your information with us. Red Ribbon Tack (RRT) strives to improve the health of horses and companion animals, and to improve the experience of the people involved along the way.
Information you provide to us
We collect information at several different points as we interact with you. This includes when you create an account, order from the online store, chat with customer service, interact with a sales associate, participate in promotions, or participate in surveys. The information we collect includes things like, but not limited to, the name of a pet owner, a horse or dog’s name, mailing addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, payment information, and passwords.
What we do with data
When you use our products and services, we may also use your information:
- In order to maintain and improve our products and services by making sure they are working well. For example, knowing which pages of our website frequently result in calls from confused customers helps us know where we need to improve our site design.
- To help develop new products and services.
- In order to personalize your experience with our products and services according to the information we collect. This means we talk to horse owners about horses, and dog owners about dogs.
- To provide services to you, including through our contractors. This includes sharing your address with providers of delivery services like UPS and USPS, or sharing information with third parties that provide Red Ribbon Tack (RRT) with email solutions, cloud hosting services, payment processing, website support and maintenance, and legal, regulatory, or audit services.
- For regulatory compliance. We maintain records as required by state and federal law, and we may share your personal information to comply with regulatory agency laws, rules, and regulations. This can include providing required personal information in connection with mandatory disclosures to state regulatory agencies and providing disclosures of records in response to state or federal regulatory agency request.
- For legal reasons. We may share your personal information to comply with inquiries from governmental authorities, or to protect, defend, exercise legal rights or claims, in connection with end user license agreements, terms of service or other applicable agreements, or as otherwise required by law. If we are legally required to share your information, we will attempt to notify you, unless such notification would violate law or court order.
Managing your data
- Websites. You can adjust and manage the privacy of your information via our websites, which allow you to opt out of certain features that we offer. By adjusting your device or browser settings, you can manage information by adjusting your personal profile, your subscriptions, your cookies, and your location services.
- Email. You can opt out of emails through links in the emails you receive from us. Every email you receive from us will give you the ability to unsubscribe from receiving future emails.
- By Contacting Us. You can also contact us anytime at [email protected] if you would like to change or update your personal information. In some cases, we may have to keep certain information for legal or business reasons.
How we protect your data – Technical safeguards
The security and confidentiality of your information is extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect your information. As part of our efforts to protect your information, we have technical safeguards in place across our products and services, which may include the following:
- Requiring a password in order for you to access your personal information;
- Using firewalls to protect information held in our servers;
- Utilizing Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption in transmitting personal information to our servers;
- Limiting the number of personnel who have potential access to personal information; and
- Routinely backing up the systems to protect the integrity of personal information.
There is always some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way around our security systems. In the event of a security breach, the first thing we would do is notify you. This notice would include what happened, what information was breached, what RRT is doing to respond, and who to contact with questions.
Protecting children’s privacy
RRT does not knowingly sell products to, solicit, collect or retain personal information about children under the age of 18 without parental consent. If we learn that a child under 18 has submitted information to us without parental consent, we will take all reasonable measures to delete it from our databases and not use the information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the child or others). If you become aware of any personally identifiable information we have collected from children under 18, please contact us.
About this policy
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY SUPPLEMENT
Red Ribbon Tack (RRT) Customers, Products and Services
Where a RRT customer interacts with RRT products and/or services, including, but not limited to RRT websites, services and products, RRT collects information on California residents that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“Personal Information”). We may obtain data provided by veterinarian customers, directly from individuals using RRT products and services such as websites and from consumers purchasing goods or services from RRT.
Red Ribbon Tack does not collect biometric information, geolocation data, audio, visual, thermal, olfactory or other sensory data, educational records, non-public Family Education Rights and Privacy Act related data, or inferences drawn from Personal Information. Personal Information does not include information that is de-identified or aggregated, publicly available in government records, and information otherwise excluded from CCPA’s scope including pursuant to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and other excluded state and federal laws.
Use of Personal Information
Red Ribbon Tack complies with your rights regarding your Personal Information, including the right to request information about Red Ribbon Tack's use of your Personal Information. Where Red Ribbon Tack receives a validated request, it will provide information to you about the use of your Personal Information in the last 12 months including the following:
- General categories of Personal Information RRT has collected;
- Purposes for collecting such Personal Information
Deletion Requests (‘Right to Forget’)
Red Ribbon Tack complies with your rights regarding your Personal Information, including the right to request deletion of your Personal Information. Where Red Ribbon Tack receives a validated request, and Red Ribbon Tack is not otherwise legally obligated to retain such Personal Information, RRT will delete your Personal Information. RRT may deny your deletion request where it is legally required to retain your Personal Information, including as follows:
- Where RRT has a legal obligation to retain your Personal Information, in conformity with state or federal laws that require the storage of prescription records, records related to the sale of controlled products and where otherwise subject to state or federal law requiring the retention of data;
- Where it is necessary to protect you from unwanted data mis-use, fraudulent activity, or to maintain the security of data, data security, and in the protection of data security incidents;
- To make use of any Personal Information pursuant to other recognized exceptions in the CCPA.
Requests to access or delete Personal Information may be made by calling 1-706-289-1302. Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your child. You may only request access or deletion of Personal Information twice in any 12-month period. Your request must contain a valid email address and describe within sufficient detail such that RRT may evaluate and respond to such request. RRT will not respond to requests without a verifiable email address. Making a request does not require you to create an account, and RRT will only use information in the request form to verify your authority to make the request and your identity. RRT does not discriminate against anyone making a CCPA request, and will not deny goods or services, charge different prices, or provide a different level of quality of goods or services based on any CCPA request. RRT will comply with the statutory time periods in which to respond to any CCPA request, and where we require additional time to comply with a request, we shall communicate with you on that request via email. We may also respond via email stating the reasons why we cannot respond to your request, cannot verify you, or cannot comply with a request. Where data is requested, RRT will select a format to provide a response to allow you to transmit that information to another entity. Where requests are deemed by RRT to be excessive, repetitive, or unfounded, RRT may charge a fee for response to your request.
Changes to CA Supplement
RRT may change or amend this supplement at any time, and any changes shall appear on the RRT website at www.RedRibbonTack.com.
You may contact Red Ribbon Tack about your rights under CCPA as follows:
Red Ribbon Tack
1523 22nd St
Columbus, GA 31901
Policy Updated: January 21, 2022